Thursday 1 March 2018

February goals review

I had such a super productive scrapbooking month in February doing over 30 pages thanks to my ATDML design kit being utterly delicious new Kaisercraft papers, a new scrapbooking kit from Mind The Scrap and a month long alphabet challenge with them, plus my own crop pages, a couple of just because pages and mostly I think, due to having sorted out my craft room!!

I have sold off some old unused items and in doing so not only cleared some space but also raised enough funds to buy a second hand Silhouette Cameo die-cutting machine. It is going to get so much use for crop and my own pages of course and I am looking forward to being able to cut some nice 12x12 backgrounds and super-sized titles.



My goals for the month included decluttering which was started in the craft room and also we sorted all of my eldest son's room out too so I was able to make several trips to the Mind charity shop and help them raise funds to support individuals with Mental Health concerns and to raise awareness and help reduce the stigma associated with Mental Illness. There are several charity shops I could chose to receive my pre-loved items but this cause is close to my heart and the volunteers in the shop are so grateful and polite, plus I always get an email from the store manager thanking me for my donation and letting me know the good work they are doing. So win-win, house is less cluttered and I feel I have made a difference.

The first half of the month my making my own lunches for work and reducing my take-outs went well, not so much towards the end of the month but I am sticking with this goal for March too and hoping to improve. I want to make more of an effort to take care of me a little more and I feel like have had a perpetual battle with myself in this regard. I MUST make time and prepare!! 

Come on March then, I am ready for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment