Tuesday 6 March 2018

Book Club 52 - Week 10/52 SHELL

I have skipped sharing a couple of the books I have read this year to one of the most recent ones I finished at the end of February. The front cover drew me in as I slowly walked by the book section on my Tesco shop! I then read the back, was intrigued wondering if it would be similar to The Host or less supernatural? Again I find this book is aimed at Young Adults when I read the reviews on line (after I have read the book so there are no spoilers) but I wonder if perhaps it would be a little upsetting for them, could be wrong.


Amazon SynopsisWhat if you thought you had died, only to wake up in someone else's body? When Lucy, a teen diagnosed with terminal cancer wakes up cancer-free, it should be a dream come true. But she is faced with a life she didn't choose and trapped in a new body that isn't hers.

Don't be put off but what appears to be a horrid subject matter of a teen dying, this part is over very quickly in the book and very little focus given to the illness. It is more about waking up having had a body transplant and the aftermath of that. The book is written so well and one I have found myself telling several friends they need to read! I think this would make a fantastic film as well and was very easily able to visualise the settings of the home, the clinic and even the school scenes.

Really like this book, great read.

No comments:

Post a Comment